Kangaroo Physics Workshop by Daniel Piker
May 17-19, 2017
10:00am - 6:00pm
McNeel Europe S.L.
Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos
08018 Barcelona (Spain)
We would like to invite you to join us for a Kangaroo Physics Workshop, led by the award winning plug-in developer Daniel Piker himself, which will take place on May 17-19 at our European office in Barcelona.
Daniel is going to introduce Kangaroo Physics, an interactive physics/constraint solver for designers and one of the most successful Grasshopper plug-ins. The program works as a physics engine performing interactive simulation, form-finding, optimization and constraint solving in real time.
• Introduction - principles of form-finding and dynamic relaxation
• Catenary arches and vaults
• Tensile membranes
• Bending rods and gridshells
• Rigid bodies and mechanisms
• Bending shells and origami
• Meshing for simulation
• Panels and grids for architecture
• Introduction to using the Kangaroo library via C# scripting
• Individual project development
Course Fee: EUR 795 (+VAT); students and university teachers will get a 50% discount (proof of status required)
Max. Number of Participants: 8-10