Sep 18-21, 2014
Advances in Architectural Geometry / AAG is a symposium where both theoretical and practical work linked to new geometrical developments is presented. This symposium aims to gather the diverse components of the contemporary architectural tendencies which push the building envelope towards free form and respond to the multiple current design challenges. It involves architects, engineers, mathematicians, software designers and contractors. We aim at connecting researchers from architectural and engineering practices, academia and industry. AAG has become a reference in the professional field and is supported by the direct participation of the most renowned architectural design and engineering offices along with academic laboratories.
Researchers and professionals are invited to electronically submit proposals for full length workshops or short tutorial sessions in the area of Architectural Geometry, to be held September 20-21, 2014 at the University College London. We especially encourage our paper submitters to also communicate their findings in hands-on learning oriented sessions, and hope to receive a number of workshop submissions which give the participants in-depth and hands-on experience of the forefront of research. Workshops which are pure software tutorials are discouraged. We are particularly interested in workshop topics having to do with but not limited to:
- building performance and resource use in relation to building geometry
- generative design
- integration of geometric and non geometric design properties
- fabrication constraints and their impact on building geometry
- qualitative and quantitative evaluation of building geometry
- recently published advanced geometry concepts and techniques in architecture, engineering and computer graphics introduced to an interdisciplinary audience.
All proposals will be reviewed and evaluated and authors will be notified when their proposal is accepted to discuss requirements and logistics.