The popularization and application of industrial robots within a digital design to fabrication environment allows for a great amount of flexibility and design freedom. In this theme, we are happy to announce the upcoming Robotic Tectonics Workshop_2016, based on the topic of robotic fabrication. This upcoming workshop will be held by Digital Architecture & Manufacture Laboratory, known as DAM_Lab, in the campus of Qingdao Technological University. Experts, scholars, and well-known architectural design firms are invited from around the world to discuss the avant-garde digital fabrication tectonics, the new challenges, and the new chances robotic fabrication offers to the realm of architecture.
- Workshop: Oct 8, 2016 - Oct 15, 2016
- Exhibition & International Conference: Oct 16, 2016
- Workshop: DAM_Lab, Qingdao Technological University, No.11 Fushun Rd., Shibei Dist., Qingdao, Shandong Province, China 266033.
- Exhibition & International Conference: University Lecture Hall, Qingdao Technological University, No.11 Fushun Rd., Shibei Dist., Qingdao, Shandong Province, China 266033.
Visiting Speakers & Workshop Instructors
- Philip F. Yuan_CAUP Tongji University
- Weiguo Xu_Tsinghua University
- Biao Li_Southeast University
- Xinyu Shi_DAM_Lab & Qingdao Technological University
- Tudor Cosmatu_Delft University of Technology
- Alexander Kalachev & Olga Kovrikova_UNStudio
- Da Wan_TCU School of Architecture
- Chao Han_Beijing Institute of Architecture Design
- Participants: Undergraduate students, graduate students, and Ph.D students around the world interested in digital architecture.
- Majors: Architecture, Urban Planning, Urban Design, Landscape Architecture or other related majors.
- Software skills: Rhino, Grasshopper.
- *For international students outside China: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for VISA Instruction.
Domestic and international students: No tuition or registration fee, but you are responsible for the transportation and living expense and other expense unrelated to tuition and registration fee.
Please download and read Introduction of Robotic Tectonics Workshop_2016 & Admission Requirement carefully first, then fill the Application to Robotic Tectonics Workshop_2016.