click on the image to make it larger
IAAC Global Summer School 2013 – Istanbul Sessions
ITU- Istanbul Technical University
July 15-26, 2013
With the support of Rhino Turkey, this year Istanbul is added to the destinations of IAAC Global Summer School. Organized by SayaSaya, a private research group on networks and systems both in digital and material systems, Istanbul sessions will take place at Istanbul Technical University, Taşkışla campus.
IGSS programme seeks to investigate common agendas in global locales and aims to generate a dynamic network based on distributed knowledge and collective actions. This year the theme is productive city. All of the countries IGSS will take place at will be connected 24 hours in order to share knowledge, develop projects, debate on the agenda topic and explore how the agenda unfolds with the particular economic, biological, and social factors of each locale.
The local agenda Istanbul sessions will focus on networks and systems for the environmental and regional scales and urban vegetation integrated structural skin on tectonic scale. The local organizers started the preparations by installing sensorboxes to ITU campus and preliminary workshops on visualization and modeling based on the collected data.
Prior to summer school there will be 3 days of tutorials for Rhino, Grasshopper, Cytoscape, Processing, Arduino and Quadrigramm.
- Instructors: Nilufer Kozikoglu, Adj. Prof.Burcu Biçer, Dr.Kutsi Nircan, Emrah Kavlak, Assoc Prof Dr Pelin Dursun,
- Guest tutors: Tomasz Jaskıewıcz, TBA
- Contrıbutors : Onur Gungör; Prof Dr Nil Turkeri and IAAC Alumni Gamze Gunduz, Deniz Tumerdem.
- Sensorboxes and Arduino sessions in collaboraton with Amberplatform’s Hyrbri-city.
- To apply: http://www.iaac.net/educational-programs/productive-city-2013-30
- For further information: email@example.com, www.productivecityistanbul.com