Computational Design Leader
At Gensler, we believe that new digital tools and data sources are transforming the built environment and leading to new opportunities for design. We are seeking exceptional leaders and experts to implement our central region’s strategy for digital design with a focus on computational design.
As a Computational Design Leader, you will work with multidisciplinary teams to create new digital and data-centric design methodologies, tools, and techniques with a focus on project innovation and client value. Of high interest to Gensler is the use of computational design to create novel workflows to streamline planning processes, create efficient workflows, and integrate building data into the design process.
- Develop strategic initiatives focused on implementing computational design within the central region.
- Research new and emerging technologies related to data and computation to inform future initiatives.
- Represent Gensler in the digital design community including research venues, marketing events, and conferences.
- Work with Gensler’s design leaders to identify project opportunities for implementing new workflows.
- Create new computational design tools and workflows for use by project teams.
- Collaborate with Gensler’s spatial analysis team to integrate data-driven planning concepts into the design workflow.
- Define knowledge expectations for current and future team members.
- Deliver project-focused workshops and brainstorming sessions for implementing computational design concepts.
- Work with Gensler leaders and teams to capture project successes and learn from them.
- Professional degree related to architecture, interior design, engineering, or manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience working in the AEC industry, preferred.
- Experience in collaborating with design teams to deliver design excellence.
- Hands on experience integrating complex datasets into the design process and digital workflow.
- Expert-level knowledge in the use of common computational design software such as Grasshopper or Dynamo.
- Experience with BIM-based project design and production using Revit.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build consensus among leaders and teams.
- Fearless intellectual curiosity and a desire to identify problems and define solutions.
- Desire to continue learning and share their knowledge with others.
- Ability to identify opportunities to continuously improve the process.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.