November 18-20, 2016
The workshops will introduce the optimization into the algorithmic design process that is enabled in the visual programming environment - Grasshopper.
- Optimization of the facade geometry with solar analysis
- Optimization of the roof structures with Karamba
- Finding the optimal configuration of the space frame structures with Karamba
- Discovering the best location or/and geometry of the building in accordance to the best views from the plot
- Presentation of the discovered solutions
Judyta Cichocka. Co-creator of Silvereye, a Particle Swarm Optimization Solver for Grasshopper, PhD candidate at Wrocław University of Technology (Problems of architectural design optimization with evolutionary algorithms) and TU Wien; Grasshopper 3D tutor at Victoria University of Wellington, LabDigiFab researcher; tutor at Advances of Architectural Geometry 2014 in London – workshop 10: “Prototyping optimization process in relation to solar analysis”.
680 PLN (or 160€) for Early Bird payments
800 PLN (or 190€) for the regular payments
Early bird discount available until September 30
Intermediate – Advanced
Basic knowledge of Rhino and Grasshopper
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “OPTIMIZATION Warsaw”
Only 11 places available!