September 11 - December 5, 2017
Controlmad Advanced Design Center
Avda. del Manzanares, 166-168
28019 - Madrid (Spain)
From September to December 2017 Controlmad Advanced Design Center (ARTC and RhinoFabStudio) will host the 7th edition of their Master in Parametric Design.
This study program will introduce you to parametric design and digital manufacturing in product design, architecture, landscape, and digital fabrication through the creation of physical and digital parametric models using as main tools Grasshopper for Rhino and the Controlmad CNC milling machine.
The course is divided into five groups with several units. The aim of every unit is that students can learn new parametric tools based on Grasshopper.
- Group I - NURBS modeling (Rhino, Grasshopper)
- Group II - Digital fabrication (visits to outstanding parametric buildings)
- Group III - Meshes modeling (Grasshopper for organic design, structural analysis, thermal calculation, and form finding)
- Group IV - Interoperability (Grasshopper and its connection with Arduino, sensors, data from internet, Python)
- Group V - Thesis (individual work on the main interests of the student based on the previous units + V-Ray for rendering)
Early bird registration until April 30, 2017
Registration deadline: August 10, 2017