Generative Morphologies V4.0 workshop
July 23-30, 2017 - from 10.00 to 18.00
Aarupadai Veedu Institute of Technology (AVIT)
Generative Morphologies V4.0 is an international workshop intended for architects, students of architecture and urbanism, professional designers, and artists exploring advanced contemporary algorithmic generative systems at a city's urban scale. It's aimed at establishing a platform of learning new techniques of design, production, and presentation.
Generative Morphologies V4.0 will computationally address “Morphologic Metropolis”, a growth and data driven phenomenon of the city as an ecological organism adapting to an environmental stimulus. The generative system is formulated with a general workflow that primarily focuses on Anemone (plug-in for Grasshopper), along with a range of techniques in a streamlined process across two major software platforms: Grasshopper and ZBrush.
This workshop will use McNeel Rhinoceros and Grasshopper 3D plug-ins, Pixologic ZBrush, Luxion KeyShot.
What You Will Learn
- Understanding of macro morphologies and adaptive architectural systems
- Introduction in Rhino, Grasshopper, ZBrush
- Introduction to generative design in Anemone, Cocoon, Octopus (plug-ins for Grasshopper)
- Introduction to mesh manipulation, texturing, optimization in ZBrush
- Introduction to mesh modeling in Grasshopper from points with Cocoon and smoothness in Weaverbird
- Strategies for 3D printing
- Visualization with Luxion KeyShot
- Discussions on project presentation
Vamsi Krishna Vemuri / India
Shridhar Mamidaala / India
Early registration until May 23, 2017
Late registration until June 23, 2017