Introductory Workshop for Developers by Long Nguyen (ICD Stuttgart)
May 31-June 2, 2017
McNeel Europe S.L.
Roger de Flor, 32-34 bajos
08018 Barcelona (Spain)
McNeel is pleased to welcome Long Nguyen, research associate at ICD Stuttgart, for a 3-day Introductory Workshop for Developers at McNeel Europe in Barcelona.
This workshop will introduce the essentials of scripting and the creation of custom plug-ins for Grasshopper using the C# language. C# provides high-performance interaction within the Rhino/Grasshopper modeling environment. This lets you extend the capabilities of Rhino/Grasshopper, from custom advanced generative design algorithm, to interacting with other software tools.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to C# language, object-oriented programming and the .NET framework
- C# Script components in Grasshopper
- RhinoCommon API, the library that allows us to programmatically interact with Rhino
- Introduction to Visual Studio, a professional toolset for software development
- Creation of plug-ins for Grasshopper using Visual Studio and the Grasshopper API
- More advanced topics in object-oriented programming
- Using external .NET libraries with C# in Grasshopper and Visual Studio
- Common practices for code organization for better code reuse and maintenance
- Development of personal project by each workshop participant
Course Fee: EUR 795 (+VAT); students and university teachers will get a 50% discount (proof of status required)
Educational seats are limited. Sign up now by contacting Verena Vogler!