Correlated Intricacies V1.0 workshop
February 25 - March 2 from 10:00 to 18:00
Union of the Architects, Krakra 11 str.
The international workshop Correlated Intricacies V1.0 focuses on the development of complex architectural detailing with large variety of components comprising the whole process -- from concept through developed design and analysis to digital fabrication and preparation of working drawings. Details will be evaluated down to the point of screws, nails, joints, slots, weather stripping, etc.
Correlated Intricacies V1.0 begins with expanding the knowledge of existing examples of node based architectural systems and details currently used in architecture. Participants will be guided to develop skills of algorithmic design and computational strategies applicable for custom designed node intersection systems in the detailing of point and line connections.
The participants will learn how to model and modify different details of a system parametrically, depending on the shape and purpose of the structure. Participants will choose an existing detail system to study its components and assembly. Each team will develop their own system of details, based on the systems they have studied, using parametric tools and analysis. This detail will be built parametrically so that elements of the assembly can be modified variably while informing the other parts of the detail on how to adjust to these changes.
What you will learn
- Introduction to Grasshopper and algorithmic geometry
- Parametric modeling of complex geometries in Grasshopper and Rhinoceros 5
- Deconstruction and evaluation of detail components
- Modeling of parametrically linked systems
- How to set up a part to part relationships with variables
- Detail and system documentation methods
Georgi Kunchev / Bulgaria
Martin Georgiev / Bulgaria
Each participant should provide their own computer with the following software installed:
- Rhinoceros and its plug-in BoltGen
- Grasshopper (plug-ins: Kangaroo Physics, Karamba 3D, Weaverbird, Mesh Edit, Mesh Tools)
- Adobe Suite
Late registration until January 25, 2017.