The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia is looking to extend its team with an Expert in Digital Fabrication & Computational Design.
- Teaching in Master's Seminars and hosting workshops.
- Technical support to PhD research projects.
- Participation in research on new digital fabrication processes.
- Participation in project development of applied research, industrial applications, product design, and knowledge transfer.
- Additive manufacturing (3D printing) for the architectural scale.
- Robotic fabrication.
- Material research and performance.
- Design to production development.
- Expertise in parametric design and digital fabrication tools (Rhino, Grasshopper, Processing, Arduino, Laser Cutter, Milling Machine, 3D printers, Industrial Robots etc.).
- Previous experience in academia, teaching, research, scientific papers, and publications.
- Previous experience in architectural (or similar disciplines) practice.
- Autonomous, able to take on responsibilities and coordinate a team efficiently.
- Willing to learn, motivated, enthusiastic, and social.
Language: English (Spanish appreciated)
Position commencement: 9th of January 2017
If you are in Barcelona, or you are interested in moving to Barcelona, and working with us, please send us your CV and Portfolio by the December 5, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email subject should be: "Expert in Digital Fabrication & Computational Design - Job Application"