The journal will link the robotics research community with researchers from architecture and civil engineering. It will cover robotic automation of all stages, from prefabrication of customized large scale parts, to refurbishment and demolition.
Much of the momentum and innovation in industrial robots over the last few years has come from architects adopting industrial robots as a universal machine for fabrication. Yet industrial robots are ill suited for many of the on-site tasks encountered in construction and demolition. This Construction Robotics special edition aims to gather together those dedicated robot systems that go beyond the capabilities of industrial robots.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Mobile platforms suited for construction sites
- Kinematics for large work spaces and loads
- Robotic conversion of existing construction equipment
- Climbing and flying robots for construction and demolition
- Robotic machinery for infrastructure projects
- Historical as well as state-of-the-art reviews
Submission deadline for full papers is November 15, 2016.
Questions? Email the managing editor.
More details and information on the Construction Robotics web page ....