The International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures (IASS) and the Royal Netherlands Society for Engineers (KIVI) are co-organising the yearly IASS symposium. The symposium will take place from 17 to 20 August 2015 in Amsterdam the Netherlands.
On August 15th and 16th, 2015, before the opening of the IASS2015 International Symposium a number of workshops will be hosted in which you can participate.
These workshops are aimed on getting hands-on experience and skills in the creation of various types of shell and spatial structures.
Don't miss the Rhino, Grasshopper, Kangaroo related workshops by our friends Ioanna Symeonidou, White Lioness Technologies, and many others:
- Workshop 01: Build your own tensegrity model
- Workshop 02: Structural Folding for Architectural Design
- Workshop 04: Kinetic plate structures
- Workshop 05: Explore the possibilities of applying multidisciplinary design optimisation on your own design challenges
- Workshop 06: Flexible Matter: Experiments with analogue and digital form-finding of membranes
- Workshop 08: Flexible Formworks - Double Curved Panel Casting
- Workshop 09: Flexible Formworks - Vacuumatics
- Workshop 10: Flexible Moulding – cast your own concrete panel on a recyclable temporary mould
- Workshop 12: Seamless Variation in Design to Robotic Production Processes
- Workshop 13: SHAPED MATTERS - Shaping material properties with additive manufacturing