Advanced Architectural Design with Rhino and Grasshopper
Nov 19-21, 2012
From concept design to documentation, every stage of the design process is an opportunity to increase efficiency and creativity.
This course intends to give architects access to simulation, analysis, and advanced modeling capabilities in order to better inform and execute design decisions throughout the design process. During the 24-hour course, we will look at the relationship between Rhino 5, Grasshopper, and associated plug-ins to create workflow tools that can be tailored to each project.
This 3-day seminar / workshop will explore strategies for applying parametric design to generate informed architectural models. During the course, participants will learn how to connect a digital model to external data sources such as environmental data and GIS databases. The participants will also learn how to evolve designs to reach multiple objective optimizations. This combination of tools and strategies will allow the participant to further their projects with informed design decisions.
This course is geared towards architects and spatial designers.
- Connect to environmental data in order to enrich digital models
- Evaluate conceptual models based on internal and external data
- Evolve design ideas against multiple objectives
- Generate dynamic design drawings and annotations
- Participants should be comfortable with modeling in Rhino and have a good understanding of the Grasshopper generative modeling plug-in.
- October 15, 2012 - Course registration opens
- November 5, 2012 - Early Bird Registration ends
- November 19-21, 2012 - Training
Instructor: Luis Fraguada