Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Advanced Architectural Design with Rhino and Grasshopper
Nov 19-21, 2012
From concept design to documentation, every stage of the design process is an opportunity to increase efficiency and creativity.
This course has been designed with the intent of giving architects access to simulation, analysis, and advanced modeling capabilities in order to better inform and execute design decisions throughout the design process. During the 24h course, we will look at the relationship between Rhinoceros 5, Grasshopper 3D, and associated plug-ins to create workflow tools that can be tailored to each project.
This three day seminar / workshop will explore strategies for applying parametric design for the purpose of generating informed architectural models.
During the course, participants will learn how to connect a digital model to external data sources such as environmental data and GIS databases. The participants will also learn how to evolve designs to reach multiple objective optimizations. This combination of tools and strategies will allow the participant to further their projects with informed design decisions.
- Connect to environmental data in order to enrich digital models
- Evaluate conceptual models based on internal and external data
- Evolve design ideas against multiple objectives
- Generate dynamic design drawings and annotations
- This course is geared towards architects and spatial designers
- Participants should be comfortable with modeling in Rhinoceros and have a good understanding of the Grasshopper generative modeling plug-in.
- October 15th, 2012 - Course Registration Open.
- November 5th, 2012 - Early Bird Registration Ends
- 19, 20, and 21 of November Training
Instructor: Luis Fraguada