SYNTHESIS Design + Architecture is seeking talented, motivated, and personable interns to join our Los Angeles team for the summer.
We are an enthusiastic and emerging design office with a growing portfolio of projects. Current comissions include a 5,000sqm visitor center in Quanzhou, China, a 12,000 sqm lifestyle center in Bangkok, Thailand, and a 64,000 sqm shopping center in Phuket, Thailand.
The selected candidate will support all design teams with 3D modeling, drawing, and physical modeling/prototyping.
- Must currently hold or be in pursuit of a B. Arch or M. Arch degree.
- Excellent design sensibility, communication skills and personal initiative are desired.
- Expertise in Rhino, AutoCAD, and Illustrator are required.
- Proficiency in Grasshopper, Kangaroo, Hoopsnake, RhinoScript, VB or Python is a bonus.
- Familiarity with digital fabrication protocols (3D printing, CNC milling, and laser cutting) is beneficial.
- A perfect fit – We are looking to expand our team – not fill holes. We want to know why your architectural and design interests and aspirations align with ours and how.
- Must be a US Citizen or hold a US working or student visa.
- Must be a Los Angeles resident or able to relocate to Los Angeles for the entire summer.
Note: Due to the overwhelming number of applications for this post, we are unable to respond to all applicants.