Material Matters is a two-day intensive design, prototyping, and fabrication workshop to be held in New York City during the weekend of May 12-13. The workshop will operate through a framework of computational and fabrication strategies that hinge on the peculiarities of material and the emergent set of knowledge associated with the work of the hand. In a fast-paced and hands-on learning environment, participants will develop digital and fabricated prototypes utilizing Grid-Based Modeling techniques via PanelingTools and Machining Strategies with RhinoCAM. More...
- Computational Geometry: Introduction to Curves, Surfaces, Meshes in Rhinoceros
- Grid-Based Modeling + Implicit History: Introduction to Paneling Tools
- Pressures + Influencers: Proximity, Image Mapping, Curvature Strategies
- Machining Strategies: Introduction to RhinoCAM
- Fabrication: Prototyping Workflows with a 3-Axis CNC Router