New post-graduate master program at Detmolder Schule für Architektur und Innenarchitektur, Institute of higher education in Germany
Digital technologies have altered the field of architecture and the architect´s profile effectively -- from the design to the fabrication process.
The Master Computational Design and Construction provides scientific and practical foundations of digital design and construction methods and an extensive overview of the latest developments and technologies. Through its associated institute Werkstatt Emilie, the Detmolder Schule für Architektur und Innenarchitektur in Germany starts the master program in October 2011. It requires post-graduate work experience and incorporates the professional aspects of higher architectural education and the functional aspects of information technology. An independent occupational profile between the design and realization process is set up. On one hand it works on the integration of data relevant for the design in a consistent 3D-model. On the other hand it works on the transfer of a digital model into a realistic building via machine-aided methods of manufacturing.
To convey further knowledge of these technologies is the main goal of the Master´s curriculum.
The study is based on the following principles:
- Computer-aided methods as cross-linking of design, construction and fabrication process (Python, Grasshopper)
- Inter- and transdisciplinary exchange
- Full-time study related to practice
- Synergy and additional benefit out of the connection between university, companies, and external professionals
- Integration of compact workshops and symposium
Dipl.-Ing. Anke Tiggemann
T +49 (5231) 769 -711