MIT is looking for a Fabrication Lab Facilities Manager for the Department of Architecture.
The Fab Lab Manager will:Requirements:
- Be responsible for organizing and running digital fabrication facilities as safe and effective learning environments.
- Participate in educational initiatives aimed at new machine purchases and teaching.
- Provide instruction to faculty and students with design and research projects.
- Offer advice and instruction on the materials and techniques as well as the process of fabrication and assembly to ensure safe and successful outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline. A master's or professional degree in design or a technology-related discipline preferred.
- 3 years minimum experience managing a fabrication facility for an educational program utilizing traditional and digital methods.
- Must have experience with Rhino/CAD/CAM software and equipment. Computer programming experience advantageous.
- Experience working with college age students in a teaching or advisory capacity helpful.