Photo2Rhino, a new Rhino 3D plug-in, is a more flexible and interactive version of the Rhino commands: heightfield and meshheightfield.
With Photo2Rhino you can:
- Brighten and change the contrast of the images.
- Rotate and crop the images.
- Interactively apply smoothing to the mesh.
- Apply vignette effects to make the mesh flatter at the edges.
- Preview the mesh before insertion as a Rhino object.
- Choose the number of points in the mesh irrespective of the number of pixels in the image.
- Using RGB sliders, pick out important colors from the mesh.
- See a profile of the mesh height as you adjust parameters in real time.
- Change the conversion from pixel to mesh height interactively to get the ideal mesh from less than ideal photographs and images.