Workshop on Construction Aware Design,
Rapid-Prototyping Spatial Reconstruction and Performance 2011
The American University in Cairo
Department of Construction and Architectural Engineering
January 30th to the February 2nd, 2011
The Geometry in Architecture and Building Design (Geo-Arab-Design) group is a network of professionals from architectural and engineering practices, academia and industry. Our mission is to promote design and technological excellence and explore local identities through the exploration and innovative applications of geometry.
About this workshop:
- Learn from experts who are consulting on projects by Zaha Hadid Architects, Asymptote Architecture, Mario Bellini Architects and others to design the paneling systems.
- Get a quick introduction to Rhino, Grasshopper and EvoluteTools.
- Learn how to digitally reconstruction data from 3D scanners and even from regular photographs.
- Experience how to print 3D models using state of the art machines.
- Grant the opportunity to perform basic energy and performance analysis of your designs.
- All this will be provided in a comprehensive 5-day workshop to be taught by international experts in the field as well as local researchers.