A new release of SectionTools plug-in is now available with the latest Rhino 5 WIP of December 14, 2010. You can find download instructions and documentation at SectionTools Wiki page.
SectionTools is a dynamic sectioning plugin from RhinoLabs to help generate and update 3D sections and their 2D layouts. The plug-in has editing, viewing and reporting tools to effectively manage big set of sections.
In this release:
- Added new command "stEditSections" to edit sectioning options such as solid mode, direction and attributes. stEditSectionHatch and stSectionDir are now part of the new command.
- Combined "stView", "stSetCPlaneToSection" and "stSetViewToSection" into one new command “stViewSections”. You can now “Clip”, “SetView” and “SetCPlane” all in one step.
- Added support for persistent options to stCreate, stCreateArray and stViewSections commands.
- Fixed a bug when flipping section direction.
- 2D Layout now outputs curves, solids and hatched to 3 different sub-layers. This will help assign different layer attributes to each one.
- Made it more reliable to view section curves, surfaces and hatches.
- Fixed CPlane alignment bug.
- Added a new item to "SolidMode" option in stCreate and stCreateArray commands. It allows adding both hatches and surfaces at the same time.
- Added enhancements to stMoveSections command. Dragging sections' now gives real-time feedback of intersections and section clipping plane location.
- When creating sections, selecting objects is now a separate step from options. This way it will be possible to preselect objects and change options.
- Fixed duplicate 2D layout bug.
- Enhanced reporting output.
- Fixed a crash bug when saving as V4 then open in V5.
- Many other minor bug fixes.
- Added nine new short clips and updated toolbars and help manual.