Rhino for Jewelry - The Falkner Institute is conducting a five-day custom class designed to create familiarity with Rhino. This class is specific to the jewelry industry and focuses on techniques for jewelry design and manufacturing using Rhino. A basic understanding of jewelry design, manufacturing, and terminology is helpful.
Dates: April 19-23, 2010
Location: The Falkner Institute, San Diego
In Rhino for Jewelry you will learn how to:
- Become familiar with the Rhino user interface.
- Customize the modeling environment.
- Create basic graphical objects- lines, circles, squares, surfaces and solids.
- Model with precision using coordinates and object snaps.
- Create jewelry models using the five major construction techniques.
- Organize and manage large numbers of files using strict naming conventions.
- Convert 2D drawings to 3D jewelry models.
- Render jewelry using several rendering programs.