Sep 14-15 - eCAADe 2009 McNeel workshops, Istanbul, Turkey
eCAADe (Education and research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe) is a non-profit making association of institutions and individuals with a common interest in promoting good practice and sharing information in relation to the use of computers in research and education in architecture and related professions.
The 27th eCAADe Conference will be held in Istanbul (Turkey) on September 16-19.
McNeel Europe has organized the following free of charge workshops for the conference attendees on September 14-15:
- Rhinoceros - NURBS 3D Modeling
In this class you'll learn to create and edit accurate free-form 3D NURBS models. This fast-moving class covers most of Rhino's functionality, including the most advanced surfacing commands. While the base will be the Rhino Level 1 training, we have prepared specific architecture examples and an overview of PanelingTools.
- Instructor: Carlos Pérez, Rhinoceros Training Specialist - McNeel Europe
- RhinoScript, VB Scripting in Rhino
In this intensive 2-day workshop you will learn how to extend Rhino’s functionalities and your user experience through creating and executing scripts. This class covers the basics of Visual Basic Script [vbScript], the main scripting language used within the Rhino environment. Participants will learn about using variables, arrays, conditional statements, looping, and custom functions in order to exploit the scripting functionality embedded into Rhino.
- Instructor: Luis Fraguada, Architect - Live Architecture Network
- Grasshopper, Generative Modeling for RhinoFor designers who are exploring new shapes using generative algorithms, Grasshopper is a graphical algorithm editor tightly integrated with Rhino’s 3D modeling tools. Unlike RhinoScript, Grasshopper requires no knowledge of programming or scripting, but still allows designers to build form generators from the simple to the awe-inspiring.
- Instructor: Giulio Piacentino (http://www.giuliopiacentino.com/), Architect - McNeel Europe