Rhino 4.0 SR5 Release Candidate 1 (15-Dec-2008) is now available for download.
This is pre-release software. If you are not comfortable running pre-release software, please do not download this build.
This release candidate has been tested by our internal testing staff and is believed to be stable, reliable, and suitable for use in production. As with all release candidates, however, there may be problems that we didn't uncover in our own testing. We expect several thousand people to download and test this Service Release and report any problems they have.
When we are satisfied that there are no major problems with this release, we'll release the Service Release officially.
Please report any crashes you experience using the McNeel Error Reporting dialog box that will appear. Report any other problems to our support team.
- RecordAnimation: RenderFull method can now be canceled with the Esc key.
- RoundHole: The Radius option now gets the keyboard input by default.
- Dozens of crash fixes that improve stability and reliability of Rhino have been made.
- ArrayPolar: Input angle sometimes overshot. This is fixed.
Crash reading dwg file.
- Revolve: A crash when revolving a closed curve has been fixed.
- ExtrudeSrfTapered: Surfaces made by the PlanarSrf command may not work properly when they are used as the input surface for this command. This is fixed.
- MoveCrv: History did not work properly with the MoveCrv command. This is fixed.
- Open:SolidWorks: Assembly files were read as empty. This is fixed.
- PointCloud: When points were deleted from the pointcloud, the point cloud's bounding box did not update. This is fixed.
- Print: A problem printing to Adobe PDF files has been fixed.
- Project: Projecting a line to a planar surface incorrectly created a cubic line instead of a line. It now creates either a line or a degree 2 single span NURBS curve.
- Revolve: A failure bug when revolving closed polylines has been fixed.
- RhinoScript: Cancelling a script could leave objects highlighted even though they were no longer selected. This is fixed.
- Save:DWG/DXF: Multi-line text exported with wrong vertical position. This is fixed.
- Save:STEP: A problem exporting planar surfaces has been fixed.
- Save:STEP: A failure bug exporting to UG and SolidWorks has been fixed.
- SmartTrack: Did not always snap to all ortho directions from the smart point. This is fixed.
- Sweep2: Canceling an AddSlash operation caused the rails to become unslectable for another AddSlash operation. This is fixed.
- UnrollSrf: A failure bug was fixed.
- UnrollSrf: The border of an unrolled surface could not be joined. This is fixed.
- WebBrowser: The command makes an attempt to open the desired page in a new tab or window.
For a complete list, and to download, please visit http://download.rhino3d.com/whatsnew.asp?rel=432